Saturday, July 02, 2005

("I BRUSH MY TEETH WITH ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM AND I WIPE MY BUM WITH DADAISM" is a short-short story about an art critic going through his morning routine. Does it sound boring ? Well does passion sound boring ? Does the anguish of always being in a state of artistic awe sound boring ? Oh yes it's all that and more.

sockyung hong riverdale
Today's story is based on a painting by the very talented Sockyung Hong.

Enjoy...




I BRUSH MY TEETH WITH ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM AND I WIPE MY BUM WITH DADAISM


He opens his eyes and yells out, "Who goes there ? Friend or foe ? What kind of a day are you ? Are you going to provide me with aesthetic joys unparalleled or will you dash my hopes against the harsh realities of your 24 hours ? Will your 24 children shower me in ethereal gifts or will they run up to me one at a time in a tedious succession of open-handed begging ? No matter. I will deign to trust you Saturday July 2nd, if that is your real name."

He stretches himself up into a seated position on the edge of the bed. His tailor made pajamas sport a Kandinsky style print. He is ready to live his life for art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home